Tuesday 12 December 2017

Gran Canaria - Amadores

I had the pleasure of travelling to Gran Canaria again this year with my bestest friend Paula. We stayed at the Holiday Club Vista Amadores. It's located 140m about sea level overlooking Amadores beach, only a short walk from Europa.

As Paula had already spent the previous week at Gran Canaria with her family, I was flying out alone. Last year they managed to loose my luggage on the way back to the UK so this year I made sure my luggage stood out with it's bright pink straps and took plenty of pictures incase I had to describe it.


The flight was delayed by around 1.5 hours. No surprise to me, it was EasyJet after all. We were boarded on the plane and then told we weren't taking off for another 40 minutes...

We had problems with the door of our apartment as it wasn't locking and nobody was able to change our lock that night. We slept that night without locking the doors, they didn't offer another room to stay in. It's a modern self catered apartment and included a TV,  dishwasher, washing machine as well as all kitchen utensils.

The view was gorgeous and on our balcony we had sun loungers and tables and chairs however the sun never really shined on our balcony until after 5pm as we were facing West.

There was an onsite gym, sauna and pool, but we only got around to using the pool. 





We actually took a stroll down to the beach which wasn't too bad as it was still early in the day. (Obviously we took the taxi back)



We spent the first day relaxing by the poolside and already you could see a he difference in my skin!

 

Most nights we'd end up having dinner at Puerto Rico and then go for cocktails and shisha.
Other nights we'd eat on the Promenade along Amadores beach or in Europa. I love wearing Khaki and White as it makes me look much more tan.


We also visited Amadores Beach Club which is a private complex by the beach.


 By the end of the week I was probably unrecognisable. Lying in the sun for many hours made my skin very dry. 


We spent our final night drinking Rose wine watching the sun set. Across the sea we can see Tenerife.


Nuggets and Fries Everyday
Flight back to the UK